AsiaGlobal Fellows Program 2019 - Student Ambassadors Scheme
May 09, 2019
AsiaGlobal Fellows Program
Asia Global Institute is recruiting Student Ambassadors for its AsiaGlobal Fellows Program.
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Program
Organized by Asia Global Institute at the University of Hong Kong (HKU), the AsiaGlobal Fellows Program is a global leadership development initiative.
The AsiaGlobal Fellows selected are promising mid-career professionals from around the world with diverse backgrounds. They include policy makers, policy advisors, business and civil society leaders who share a common interest in global policy issues, have demonstrated strong leadership potential, and are committed to making a positive impact on society.
A central goal of the program is to sharpen the leadership skills of the up-and-coming leaders and broaden their global outlook, exposure and experience, particularly from Asian perspectives. The program also seeks to build a network of fellows around the world who will stay in touch and sometimes work together in areas of common interest.
The 13-week, inter-disciplinary program consists of lectures by academics, policy makers and business leaders, leadership skills training workshops, visits to local institutions and facilities, and study trips to Asian cities. Activities are organized to maximize both participation and interactions among the fellows. The fellows will be living on HKU campus during the program from August 19, 2019 to November 15, 2019, and the fellows will be arriving Hong Kong a few days before the program starts.
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Program - Student Ambassadors Scheme
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Student Ambassadors Scheme offers HKU undergraduate and postgraduate students direct access to the AsiaGlobal Fellows. Each AsiaGlobal Fellow will be partnered with up to 2 student ambassadors. Student ambassadors are assigned specific roles in support of the fellows, such as providing information about HKU and Hong Kong, meeting and greeting them when they arrive in Hong Kong, and participating or even organizing some of the program activities.
As an AsiaGlobal Fellows Student Ambassador, you will be able to:
- Learn from emerging global leaders who have rich and unique experiences/backgrounds
- Be exposed to a multicultural and diverse community
- Make friends with AsiaGlobal Fellows and benefit from their mentorship
- Participate in some of the program’s activities
- Priority acceptance to all the popular events of Asia Global Institute
Brief personal profiles of each of the 15 fellows for 2019 are available here.
- The scheme is open to all HKU undergraduate and postgraduate students who have completed at least one year of study at HKU prior to the 1st semester of the 2019 -2020 school year.
The major duties of AsiaGlobal Fellows Student Ambassadors:
- Meeting and greeting the fellows - may be required to pick up and see off fellows at the airport
- Assisting in event preparation for selected activities of the AsiaGlobal Fellows Program
- Helping AsiaGlobal Fellows navigate HKU’s extensive resources
- Exploring Hong Kong with the fellows
- Providing other necessary assistance to fellows
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Student Ambassadors have to be:
- Excellent in English
- Familiar with Hong Kong and HKU
- Attuned to a multicultural environment
- Effective communicators
- Outgoing and proactive
- Mature in personality
- Available for the duration of the Program
To apply, please go to: 2019 AsiaGlobal Fellows Program Student Ambassadors Scheme - Online Application Form
Application Deadline: June 14, 2019 (Friday)
For any enquiries, please contact:
Ms Natalie Leung
Back to Index
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | D: +852 3917 1898 | T: +852 3917 1297